Contractor Support Service
Offering the essential support & advice you need
What is a Contractor?
A Contractor is defined as anyone who directly employs or engages construction workers or manages construction work. This can include sub-contractors, self-employed workers or businesses that manage, carry out or control construction work.
Summary of a Contractor's duties
- Ensure your Client is aware of their duties
- Plan, manage and monitor your own work
- Draw up / comply with construction phase plan
- Appoint and employ workers with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience
- Prevent unauthorised access to the site
- Co-operate with other duty holders
- Consult with employees
- Ensure welfare facilities are provided
- Ensure a site induction is provided
- Provide the right supervision
- Create suitable and sufficient risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- Ensure all near miss incidents, accidents or unsafe working practices are reported
- Contribute to the Health & Safety File as requested by the Principal Designer.
What can we offer you?
the support you need when you need it
With over 30 years experience in the construction health & safety industry we can offer a tailored solution to all of your CDM requirements.
We are able to assist contractors with their duties under CDM ensuring peace of mind for YOU.
Our tailored services include the following:
- Preparation of Contractors’ Health & Safety Plans
- Site Inspections and Safety Audits
- Advice on contents of the Health & Safety File
- Risk Assessment advice and support
- Health & Safety Policy preparation
- Assistance during & after after HSE inspections
In short we can help to ensure you and you team have the right skills, knowledge, training and experience to comply with your CDM duties.